Monday, January 6, 2014

A Slow Start

I still can't believe we are one week into the new year! Here's a glimpse of what we've been up to...

We usually celebrate New Year's Eve at home, keeping it very low key, and that's exactly what we did this year. We enjoyed eating lots of junk food and playing lots of games with our friends. Joe built a fire, so it was warm and cozy ~ my idea of the perfect evening!
 Jonathan and Sophie were having fun with his new book of card tricks!
We played one of our favorites ~ Bananagrams. Love those sweet smiles!
I just love this photo ~ he can fall asleep anywhere! He was so tired, after days of playing sooo hard! I showed it to him, and he laughed, saying, "I'm sitting up!"
He didn't sleep through all the fun ~ he just took a nap for a couple of hours, joining us for more games as we watched the ball drop!

On New Year's Day, we decided to take all of our Christmas decorations down. I was sad to put them away, but it felt good to have the house all cleaned up and ready for the kids to go back to school. And then... the kids went back to school for one day, and we were gifted with a snow day!
 It was super cold and windy, so we just stayed home for the day.
 The boys had fun playing together, and Lauren enjoyed sewing all afternoon ~ she made the cutest bag!
That night, we cheered our Tigers to an Orange Bowl win! It was the most exciting and unbelievable game ~ by the end, my stomach was in knots!! I still can't believe we won!!!
The kids' sports put some energy back into our week ~ Jonathan had a basketball game, and Lauren had an indoor soccer game. I love, love, love watching their games!
I had to miss Lauren's soccer game, as I'm sick once again (and I haven't been really sick in years). I honestly think I have the flu, after having the Norovirus over Christmas ~ two major viruses in less than three weeks! No fun at all! My poor family is ready to have their mom/wife back, and I'm more than ready to feel like myself again. I'm just so thankful that I'm the only one that's been sick.

It's funny to look back on this message from a sweet friend last week ~ we had no idea what was coming!


I hope you've had a wonderful start to the New Year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment