Monday, August 18, 2014

4th of July

We've been blessed with such a fun summer with family and friends. As Andrew would say, "We've been on lots of adventures!" I absolutely love having my kids home with me in the summer, and I cherish all the memories we've made!

We always celebrate the 4th of July at the lake. When I was growing up, my parents always took us to Lake Chatuge (we camped ~ usually for two weeks around the 4th), and the tradition has continued with our kids (my parents now have a trailer at the lake, which we LOVE!).
There were lots and lots of tube rides...
Andrew is too funny! He was having SO much fun!
There was also quite a bit of skiing... in the evening, just before sunset...as we are "slick water" skiiers! ;)

We also enjoyed watching the fireworks from the boat. I wish I could have gotten a pretty picture of all the boats after dark...I love seeing all of the lights on the lake!
~ a pretty sunset before the fireworks ~
Lauren and her Grammy...all dressed in their red, white, and blue!
~ fun with sparklers ~
 Brendan brought along some of his own fireworks, and some of them were really cool! Andrew and Grayson were right in the middle of the action...with their ears covered!
Getting creative with their "slow ride" behind the pontoon boat!
~ Cousins... and best friends ~
Best buddies ~ he is blessed with such a sweet sister!
Love that smile!
Could they be any cuter?!
 Is there anything sweeter?!
He was one happy boy ~ he loves dogs SO much! 
That wraps up our week at the lake!
Pictures from our Oak Island adventures are coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment