Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! My dear friend (and college roommate) rang in the New Year with us! It was such a treat having her here to celebrate! She actually came Friday evening and stayed through New Year's Day! We had SO much fun ~ I'm not sure who was more excited ~ the kids or me!
That excitement may or may not have skyrocketed once they realized she had brought lots and lots of presents! It was almost like Santa had come again!
Lauren and Jonathan were so sweet to let Andrew open their presents ~ he was just SO excited!
Beth truly has a gift for picking out the most perfect gifts! I have been wanting this devotional, so I was beyond excited!! I have been reading it each day, and already, I look forward to spending those quiet moments with Jesus! Thank you, sweet friend! It was indeed the perfect gift for me!!

" Relax in My Healing Presence. As you spend time with Me, your thoughts tend to jump ahead to today's plans and problems. Bring your mind back to Me for refreshment and renewal. Let the Light of My Presence soak into you, as you focus your thoughts on Me. Thus I equip you to face whatever the day brings. This sacrifice of time pleases Me and strengthens you.  Do not skimp on our time together. Resist the clamor of tasks waiting to be done. You have chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from you."
                                     ~ Jesus Calling

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment